Direct mail tips

Friday, June 01, 2007

Email Marketing - Why Should You Use an Autoresponder Service?

Why should you use an autoresponder service instead of hosting your own autoresponder?
The bottom line is my time is too valuable in my personal opinion to ever mess with trying to host my own auto responder on my website. And there's lots of reasons why I don't like, why I wouldn't want to host it on my website. If I get spam complaints I have to deal with it, if the spam law changes I have to deal with it, personally I don't think my time is worth dealing with that. An autoresponder service charges me a very fair fee every single month, and if I were to have an autoresponder service; let's just say I have a 100000 subscribers on my list, for example.

Now keep in mind if I had a 100000 subscribers on my list, I would be at what, 200000 dollars in monthly income. Now if I had 200000 dollars in monthly income, and I don't know what the exact number is, but let's just say an autoresponder service charged me a 1000 dollars a month, and I'm sure that's not the case, it's probably more like a 100 dollars a month. But if it was a1000 dollars a month it would still be worth my time, my money to allow them to do all of my list maintenance for me.

And then I would still clear 199000 dollars and I wouldn't have to worry about spam laws, and I wouldn't have to worry about AOL and Yahoo and Google, and internet explorer and individual people that think I'm spamming them after they've already opted in to my list or double opted into my list. So, I prefer using an autoresponder service, I don't think there's any number of people on my list that could persuade me to change from an autoresponder service, unless an autoresponder service's service goes down, and the service of the one I use has only gone up in the last 8 months.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home