Direct mail tips

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Opt In Email Marketing Secrets

Opt in email marketing can be very challenging if you are
not sure how to go about doing this. I remember when I
first started my internet business every internet marketing
course or ebook I read said the money is in the list. I
setup my autoresponder, but actually was very confused and
could not make any any money from the emails that I sent.
The money is in a responsive list. A list that you have
credibility and trust with that will actually follow your
recommendations. Through trial and error I developed the
following formula that works very well to monetize my list.

The formula that I use is the following. When a visitor
visits my squeeze page they get access to a free report.
The autoresponder sends them an email with a link where
they can download the report. I have found that you
establish better trust and credibility by creating a free
report and will substantially improve your conversion by
having links to your web site in the report.

To build a relationship with my subscribers I use
newsletters and emails with special tips giving information
that will benefit them. I also give away software that will
benefit them. When I send an email out promoting a product
I need to make sure that I have an attention grabbing
headline and very good advertising copy. Using bucket
brigade copy can be very effective to get your reader's
attention in an email. Also a time sensitive offer will
definitely boost your results which will get people to take
action.

Once you apply these techniques you will find that that you
can monetize your list easily. However, you need a list big
enough to determine whether your opt in email marketing is
successful. You need at least a hundred people to open up
your email and this can be difficult when you are just
starting out and you do not have that many subscribers. A
good open rate will be anywhere from fifteen percent to
thirty percent. With the increase in spam and emails from
other companies it is becoming more difficult to get people
to open up your emails. I have had open rates as high as
seventy percent, but that is the exception to the rule. Opt
in email marketing can be a lot of fun when you know how.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home